Thursday, December 28, 2006

Blair's Ugly Rumours: New Peace Benefit Release on New Year's Day




Tony Bliar's band Ugly Rumours are set to release a cover version of Edwin Starr's War on New Year's Day. This is the first day from which download-only singles will be eligible for the main chart listings. In a delightful caterpillar-tracked U-Turn Blair and his comrades have decided to donate 25% of the 79p proceeds per download
to Stop The War. As few as 30,000 sales can give number 1 in the first week in January.

8 comments:

Manchester University Labour Club said...

Chris the idea is that you come up with an original name for me. Choosing the name of my blog is just lazy. Also can I change your name?

Chris Paul said...

An original name, chuck? The Addled One? I think you have already changed my blog name and moved me into Manchester Labour to boot ... change away ... btw 3.15 am???!!

Manchester University Labour Club said...

Ah no, I went to bed and then logged on as I was having an msn convo with my friend who is an international student. Don't worry I wasn't drunk. Tho a picture has found its way from the amicus party at conference where I have sweat poring down my face and bloodshot eyes.

Manchester University Labour Club said...

Also you were a candidate in Manchester, that makes u Manchester Labour.

Chris Paul said...

Oh, I'm Manchester Labour alright! But this blog is a lot more wide ranging than that, that's all!

Manchester University Labour Club said...

I'll move u back then. Sorted. also I like my new name

Chris Paul said...

Cheers Adele

Anonymous said...

You too have a new name!