Friday, March 16, 2007

Naheed Arshad-Mather MBE: Apology



Apology

I would like to apologise to all members who received my latest leaflet with an excess payment charge on the envelope. I am deeply embarrassed by this, Thankfully the majority of members have not had to pay the charge and I would ask any one who has to contact me and I will refund the money straight away. Unfortunately I failed to realise the effects of the new envelope size rules and my error was not picked up at the post office when I dropped them off.

Once again sorry for any inconvenience and distress that may have been caused and please get in touch if you have had to pay the charge.

Naheed Arshad-Mather

PHOTO: Naheed at the House of Lords in her NATFHE-NEC role with Professor Chris Taylor, Vice-Chancellor, University of Bradford (left); and Paul Mackney, NATFHE (right) who has provided an endorsement.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting this Chris. We tried to guess who had sent this and we were wrong! If it wasn't for your blog then we wouldn't know. I think your blog has been really useful for us stay-at-homers "activists". The discussions have been fascinating. Roll on 31st March.
Also I think the SMR continues to show what a joke it is with its play on Shameless.
Cheers!

Chris Paul said...

Thanks anonymous. Naheed had had four emails before she proactively arranged this apology. I think she has shown initiative and sincere humility on this which is very laudable.

I still fear a disappointing result for her however. Because of the tactical shenanigans.

I was soon copied in on a fifth one. This recommended that Naheed make an announcement on this blog!

But the sender, an old friend of mine, unfortunately hadn't seen the immediate blog and had sadly made the disappointing journey to the sorting office!

I'm glad this blog saved some people that journey.