Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Google Adsense: Having an Almighty Struggle - Help!


Just now there are three or possibly four Ad panels showing on my template but just one advert showing on the live page. If anyone can advise on how to wrestle with the controls successfully I'd be glad of the help. What I'm aiming at is a smallish box top left, a thin links box immediately under the masthead (as Stephen Newton has), and some adverts embedded at the foot of first couple of posts (as DizzyThinks has), and that'll be that.

Blogger is also refusing to deal with uploads of pictures or graphics as page elements. For example I was trying to put the hats logo with the Withington index. Aaaargh.

2 comments:

lorenzo23 said...

I've found that the Page Elements gives you no control. As a former computer programmer my tip is:
a) find a site that you like the look of - view the code, and steal it (don't reinvent the wheel in the trade)
b) u'll have to dive into the HTML to insert the bits you want. The browser will handle it.
c) insert some spurious text and see if it appears on the page where you think it should be.

Will try and help you more.

d) u might earn a few yankee dollars. Oh to have readers, if I get 40 a day it's a very very good day..

Chris Paul said...

Thanks Lorenzo, I have been rolling up my sleeves ready to dive in to the code and guess that is what Dizzy will have done with his embedded adverts. I'm not going to earn any dollars punting a disaster relief site (very worthy though it is) which is all Google Adsense are throwing at me. Possibly doing about 500 uniques a day now, though quite some variation and no big comment blogs since Selection-gate and Guido-gate.