Sunday, May 06, 2007

Dining Out: On the Last Chicken in the Shop


Chattering about Turkeys and Giblets and Soups and that I mentioned that as a research student at Jungfraujoch Hochapline Forshungsstation (Swiss Alps) I would order one chicken each week from the Co-op in Interlaken and live on its reducing corpse for seven days. Thinner and thinner soups. And greater and greater pity from Austrians and Swiss.

I was not the worst off as some Eastern Europeans appeared to live on pasta with jam.

But anyway, having mentioned as well how very plump Keira Knightley looked on the cover of the OM I was told that she too lived on a single chicken a week. Just the same.

Except she had a dinner party and picked hers to the bone on day one. Can I blog this? Is that OK? But she is getting plump now isn't she?

No comments: