Friday, May 18, 2007

Madelaine: Conspiracy Theorists Should Explain


The man with the Ming Zing question on Question Time also made the point that because Madelaine's parents are middle class Doctors they have escaped being villified for leaving their kids alone, albeit nearby.

But there are one or two bloggers out there suggesting the parents have organised the kidnap themselves. One offering to eat his baseball hat if he's wrong.

I don't believe this myself for one minute. I am looking forward to a hat eating appearing soon on You Tube.

What was the motive? Where was the opportunity? Where is Maddie now? This theory appears to come from the Prof Sir Roy Meadows school of detective work. The accused mother in the most celebrated case Meadows cocked up later died in tragic circumstances.

UPDATE: I am reminded that Prof Southall was the one that diagnosed by TV, and the pathologist failed to report his findings on bacteria he discovered. There was a professional triple whammy.

4 comments:

jailhouselawyer said...

What really happened to Maddie? It is not unknown for professionals to lash out. Has one of the parents killed Maddie? Then did they agree to cover it up to explain her disappearance? I think we need to establish who last saw Maddie alive and when. I don't think Maddie was in the house when the McCanns went for their meal. This is just their version of events.

If Maddie is still alive, did the McCanns arrange for her disappearance? This appeal fund idea appears to be a get rich quick scheme.

Chris Paul said...

I ask the questions John, where are the answers?

Motive, Opportunity, Body

Is this more than a Prof Sir Roy Meadows hunch after seeing the parents on TV?

Which he followed up with a spectacular fallacy.

jailhouselawyer said...

If the McCanns version of events is to be believed, whoever kidnapped Maddie only had a half hour window of opportunity.

"Members of Madeleine's family said the shutter on the street window was forced, and police have fingerprinted it. However, the Mark Warner holiday company said there was no sign of a forced break-in. A kidnapper could have come through the street window and left via the street door. It is unlikely he or she would have entered or left via the French windows, because they face the tapas bar and the rest of the complex".

Anonymous said...

I'm not a conspiracy theorist and I really hope that this turns out not to be the case. However there are still a number of irregularities which perhaps make people smell a rat.

When Maddies parents are on tv, it is always just the two of them. The mother is always made up and in a different outfit. If this was me I'm afraid my appearance would be the last thing on my mind.

When they visit the pope- the kids are left at home. They have just lost a little child (hopefully to return soon) I wouldn't be letting the other two out of my sight.

The father says the release of information about the suspect is significant. Onw would think he has now become a detective.

Personally I hope this is all rubbish and can be explained away. I am cetainly no conspiracy theorist but I still see a number of inconsistencies between the outward appearance of these two v grieving parents.