LoL thought THIS was some good Lib Dem blogging on the attitude of many of their contrarians on the casino and certain other liberties issues.
Oxford Lib Dem libertarian Stephen Tall thinks casinos are fun. Or at least I suppose more or equal fun for most of the people most of the time than some of the other vices the Lib Dems tend to support when they are gathered together.
Fantastically useful comment (again) from "Tristan" who previously blew the whistle on Lib Dem Fair Trade pretensions as LoL blogged HERE. For the record Lib Dems are, or ought to be says Tristan, firmly, categorically and on principle AGAINST Fair Trade in all its manifestations.
But what would make your list of top ten Lib Dem "crutch of misery" moments? Mine for Manchester, quickly assembled and in no particular order, are:
- Lib Dems against Urbis, Manchester's Museum of City Life;
- Lib Dems against Manchester's Commonwealth Games 2002;
- Lib Dems against tackling Anti Social Behaviour;
- Lib Dems against tackling the BNP on cross-party basis;
- Lib Dems against police efforts, including on knife crime;
- Lib Dems against Cancer patients and the NHS at Christie and elsewhere;
- Lib Dems against 95% of risk taking and redevelopment;
- Lib Dems against BBC move to manchester and Salford;
- Lib Dems against Casino jackpot for East Manchester;
- Lib Dems against 2003 "Troops Out" approach to Iraq.
I will blog some or all of these when I get the chance. Other nominations are very welcome indeed. Please use comments or idea at mcr1 dot poptel dot org dot uk.