Sunday, March 18, 2007

Gorton North's Loss is Chorlton Park's Gain


Bit late today for leafleting in Gorton North so turn home and arrange a tour of the Nell Lane Estate where I have been recently invited by admirers. But the only people I can see are a Frank Gallagher look-a-likey and some gangster guys with pick axe handles. There is a fresh grave dug in the deserted allotments which is a bit spooky. There is a floral tribute with "LOL" skillfully crafted in red roses. And the junkies scatter from the old railway like the streets clearing in a western B movie. So I'll have to go back to canvass another day.

2 comments:

Manchester University Labour Club said...

Would loved to have gone, but had to meet Tony L. Will hopefully see people next weekend.

Adele

Chris Paul said...

I'm hoping to be out on Saturday but probably can't do Sunday as I have an appointment in Bath. But will do rounds for any of the four wards from these two weekends on request to my email address. Lodger Tarus also available - at least until his visa appeal ...