Thursday, March 15, 2007

Round Up: What A Glorious Day This Has Been


Leaving aside the small matter of wondering how the blogging bloke was going to fare with the SM Distorter this has been an excellent day.

Great breakfast and hard Guardian Sudoku in the Chorlton Cafe.

Popped in the Bank. Teller saw Great Manchester Run 06 tee-shirt and said he was running. Told him I'd done all of them. Asked me my best time. Said 35.49 (which is a good time and won me a great set of prizes from the Distorter) and from his expression could see I shouldn't ask his. Confessing last year was 42 minutes didn't seem to help either. So, must confess, left with quite a spring in my step.

This year I'll be doing well to get under 45 minutes given no training whatsoever and advancing age and weight. But an excellent charity getting the benefit. More on which anon.

This afternoon, having found that the Distorter piece on the poor blogging bloke wasn't too bad, I set off for a fantastic meeting at Salford Quays near T&G HQ. If only all business meetings could be like this.

A 100-word introduction of my pet project which started from a bad place but finished with even me feeling elated. Some detailed strategy on a matter that I need to sort out. A fantastic tutorial on the tax law around domicile and residency. An opportunity for my host. And in return an opportunity for me. Bloody marvellous.

Walking with my dogs was a real pleasure. Only the other day - in Chorlton Park ward as it goes - the biggest dog Hooch was propositioned in the woods by a marvellous long haired white lurcher who wanted his babies. Unfortunately Hooch and Jim (who is a full greyhound) left some of their bits at the Vets and are not available. And Ottey is a girl.

But I have tracked down a really good line of Saluki-Deerhound Lurchers rather like mine and if the owner of the dreamy white lurcher reads this then please use the new EMAIL ME link to drop me a line and I'll match make with pleasure. Your bitch had me cooing girl. Anything to help perpetuate that. And didn't you once work at The Green Room?

Food shopping was also strangely excellent. Both kids had triumphs from school to report. Progress on Tarus' appeal. What a day!

PICTURE: Bizarre Skillset banner for BBC at Salford Quays ...

No comments: