Friday, March 16, 2007

South Manchester Distorter: So Far Comments Running 50:50


Around half the South Manchester Distorter comments so far say that Norman does look like Frank. I posted this comment this morning:

Well well well! Just to reiterate and slightly expand the comments which Nick Towle printed:
1. This is my personal, idiosyncratic, hopefully amusing blog. It has nothing to do with any organisation I belong to or support. Only "free speech" Lib Dems have tried to censor it.
2. The initials of Labour of Love are not accidentally LoL which is txt for Laugh Out Loud.
3. The point I was trying to make humourously is that with Lib Dems continually running down Manchester and some local people feeling that they sometimes side with troublemakers ... they'll have to pull their finger out or these estates WILL get worse.
4. Frank does look like Norman. In nearly 400 stories in 3 months I have also had look-alike stories on my blog matching for example:
- Labour's Jack Straw to the Demon Headmaster
- W Ming Campbell to scientologist L Ron Hubbard
- Some bloke off the internet to Labour's candidate, Simon Djanchuk in Oldham.
Frank's in good company. No others have complained. It is satire.

5. I am in Chorlton Park daily walking my dogs, running, visiting friends and I stand by my assertion ON THE BLOG from the word go that 95% of the residents are hard working and good people. I did not mean to cause offence and apologise unreservedly if anyone who looks at the story and the blog with an open mind is offended in any way. Apart from Norman who should get a GSOH.
6. Nick Towle and or Labour Party spokespeople have got very mixed up and confused on the details. The problem with the blog raised at that (private and confidential) EC was OTHER PEOPLE'S COMMENTS ABOUT SELECTION matters, not my stories. They have now been asked to behave and by and large they have done so.
7. The blog is at:
http://chrispaul-labouroflove.blogspot.com and you will find me criticising members of all parties and none on there.
Finally readers should ask themselves why the Lib Dems did not ask for the story to be removed six weeks ago or understand that only a few dozen people would see it? THEY have blabbed it with a fierce spin to 80,000 Reporter Readers. THEY are pushing this old and silly story not me! Which is a funny way to behave if you have the best interests of the community at heart.
Best wishes
Chris Paul

No comments: