Thursday, June 21, 2007

Deputy Dawgs: Grim News ... from Calderdale


Grim News indeed in a comment on my riposte to Mr GuF's Johnson Cleaners Story:

Went to local Labour club last night to find a box of deputy leadership ballot papers left unopened and unspotted by anyone. When I tackled them about it, said they couldn't afford and couldn't be bothered to send out the ballot papers to their 1000 members.I could have walked off with the box and posted them all myself of course had I been motivated towards any of them. A sad irony and sad end to this farce of a contest.

Whichever Labour or er, Trades Club this may be should try harder. With 100% turnout - unlikely living in a box, living in a cardboard box - these 1000 unspent votes would have together been worth about one MP's vote.

1 comment:

Chris Paul said...

Actually it would have been about one tenth of an MPs vote surely? Or with say 30% turnout a thirty-fifth of one.