Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Channel 4: Car Crash Television



On my way to a meeting about an upcoming Entrepreneurship course I hear a statement from Channel 4 on Radio Five Live. Probably the same as this one. It says they will be retaining the images, that none show dead and dying people and that many of them have already been published.

This was responding to this letter, and this statement and this letter to Clarence House.

All these and more can be found at the Channel 4 Micro-site.

Ho hum. So it seemed Channel 4 had backed off a bit, whatever they may be saying. But on my way back from my meeting I am vox popped by Channel 4 and they say the pictures WILL be used, albeit with some added fuzziness; So what do I think?

Well, I say, I am a republican and I don't give a monkey's about the royal family or Diana or their celebrity. I possibly even suggest they are parasites. Ooo, er. How could I? Quite easily in fact.

But anyway I press on. I say it is interesting how their question differs from the statement read out on the radio. And I say that the same rules should apply to Diana as if the Reporter himself was killed in a road accident. He wouldn't care if it happened to him. He'd be dead and gone. But his family might, even as a widely loathed Channel 4 Car Crash Television Reporter.

UPDATE: Iain Dale has also blogged this. Though his revolution has not been televised.

No comments: