Thursday, June 12, 2008

Luke Akehurst: "Repellent Idea", Rachel North London


Here is Luke Akehurst's big idea of the day:

Maybe instead of Labour fielding a candidate in Haltemprice and Howden we should find a Martin Bell type candidate - preferably a recently retired senior police officer, or a survivor or relative of a victim of a terrorist attack, to run under the following five word candidate description:
"Independent - for detaining terrorism suspects".

Right wing but libertarian blog muppets have found out where he lives and they're now using the F word, the N word and even the C word in describing his politics.

Rachel from North London fits Luke's Person Specification pretty well until the second comma. Only trouble is she thinks this idea is absolutely repellent:

As a 'victim of a terrorist attack', I spit at your repellent idea.
And if I was standing on a political platform I'd be standing right behind Davis.
I've met him, I back him, even though he is a Tory.
He stands up for freedom against fearmongering.
That's my own personal opinion, because, guess what, getting blown up on the way to work on 7.7 didn't affect my ability to think rationally, have opinions and care about freedom and democracy. If anything, it made me even keener on preserving the freedoms that lunatics seem keen to destroy.
As to the other passengers on my train, and their families, they have their own opinions about politics, much as the passengers on any train do.
Al Qaida do explosions, not mass personality transplants; and terrorist 'victims' are actually just people like anyone else you know.
*rolls eyes*
Sheesh, you patronising muppet.

Bit too much sitting on the fence there for my liking Rachel! Here's your very positive post on today's Davis phenomenon.

4 comments:

Ken said...

Look on the bright side - this dipstick has done more to discredit Nu-Labour than anyone before him.

Chris Paul said...

Luke?

Rachel said...

I am very disappointed in the attitude of the Government whom I voted for.

To put it mildly.

I never thought I would see the day when I had more in common with a Tory Shadow Home Sec than a Labour Government.

Ken said...

Yes, obviously. You really should see the way in which every bugger is lining up to stick the boot in.

The point is that the lost working class voters are not going to be duped into coming back on the basis of this con - and the liberal middle class are outraged.

I tell you mate, I can't stop laughing. The word coming out is that Nu-Lab are trying to tempt Mark Smeaton to run as a stooge candidate. I'm giving up my bloody weekend to blog about this - it really is too rich for words.